Hair Transplantation – Caring Routine After The Procedure
First 10 days
- You should use the medicines given by your doctor according to their hours.
- In the first 3-4 days after the hair transplantation, you should be careful not to get hit to your head and especially when getting in and out of the car.
- The sleeping position will be on your back and in the first 3-4 days a little high-using 2 pillows. We recommend that you put a towel on your pillow for the first 2 days.
- It is recommended to drink around 2 L of water daily and avoid salty or spicy foods.
- No smoking and no alcohol are allowed during antibiotic usage.
- You should avoid the sun’s rays.
- If you are going to use a hat, your hat should be in a way that it does not touch the hair transplantation areas.
- You should wash your head with shampoo containing Panthenol regularly every day for 10 days, as described and shown in the video provided at the end of the article.
- You can use special products produced in accordance with this process to get better results from your hair transplantation. You can buy the products at affordable prices in our store.
- In the first 2 weeks avoid doing heavy sports,
- In the first month avoid swimming, sauna, or hammam
- Avoid wearing motorcycle helmets, narrow or heavy hats
- Avoid sports like football, kickbox, or other sports where there is a risk of hitting your head
First 3 months
- Do not shave your transplantation area. Use scissors to cut your hair. You can shave only the donor area.
First 6 months
- Do not stay in the sun for more than 30 minutes without a hat
- Avoid going to the solarium in the first 6 months
- Do not shave with a razor the transplant area
Hair Transplantation – Hair Growing After The Procedure
- In the first 1-1,5 months after transplantation 80-90% of the transplanted hairs will fall.
- 3 months after the transplantation the hair will start to grow. At first, the hairs may appear weak and without a clear direction of growth. During this period it is possible for pimples to occur but they will disappear in 1-2 days. If thing occurs use your fingertips to massage the area.
- 6 months after the transplantation 50-60% of your hairs will be grown
- 1 year after around 90% of your hair will be grown. The hairs will be stronger and the direction of growth clear. It is important to mention that because of the anatomy of the blood circulation, the crown area will complete the process of hair growth after 1,5 years.
Hair transplantation – First & Last Washing Procedure
- The first washing takes place 2 days after the hair transplant.
- During the washing, the only products that are going to be used are the shampoo and the lotion.
- The lotion must be applied to the transplant area with gentle tapping movements, in a quantity that is enough to completely cover the area. The lotion must also be applied to the donor area, gently massaging.
- After the lotion is applied you will wait 20 minutes before washing with shampoo.
- After 20 minutes the lotion is rinsed gently with water. The water temperature must be mild and the pressure low.
- After rinsing the lotion apply the shampoo in your hand and keep it a few seconds under the water jet until it makes foam. Apply the foam with the same tapping movements to the transplant area and gently massaging on the donor area.
- Wash the shampoo with warm water at low pressure as before.
- Dry your hair with paper towels using the same tapping motions.
- The last washing takes place on the 7th day after the procedure.
- The purpose of the last wash is to remove the scabs that are formed on the skin during the healing process of the 1st week.
- The lotion will be applied and left for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour rinse the lotion with warm water that has a normal pressure. Rinse the lotion using moderate massage movements from back to front and from sides to top.
- Apply the shampoo on a gauze bandage and keep it a few seconds under the water jet to make foam. Apply the foam on your scalp using the same massage movements as before.
- Rinse the shampoo with water and dry your hair with a normal cotton towel.
- If all the scabs are not removed, don’t try to remove them using more pressure. Repeat the last washing procedure the next day.
- After the last washing, you can return to your normal washing routine.
You can watch the video below on how to wash hair after hair transplantation.